Thursday, December 24, 2015

Merry Christmas!

This is one of my favorite times of the year. I really enjoy celebrating Christmas because it brings back fond memories. During this time of year I can recall being a child, bundled up in a sweater, waiting for my dad to come through the door with gifts. My mother was on constant watch to make sure my sister didn't eat all of the candy canes off of the Christmas tree, and my baby brother was running all around the house. This was the time of year when everyone seemed to get along better, smile more, and laugh often. I can remember feeling so carefree. At church we learned about baby Jesus and the Haitian adults in my family would drink a beverage they were calling Kremas.

Those memories still play over and over again in my mind each Christmas. This time last year I was mourning the loss of our baby boy Korbyn. But this year, although we miss him dearly God has smiled on us with the gift of his brother Eilan. Our story reminds me of a scripture in the book of Ecclesiastes that talks about seasons in life. King Solomon, in all of his wisdom, shared about the cyclical nature of life.

Ecc. 3:1-4

There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens:
    a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,
 a time to kill and a time to heal,
    a time to tear down and a time to build,
   a time to weep and a time to laugh,
    a time to mourn and a time to dance...





XOXO,

Merry Christmas
Ker-Leen

No comments:

Post a Comment