Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Hint of Spring...

Spring doesn't officially arrive until March 20, 2013 this year but I have already begun playing around with some Spring shades. I wore a fairly simple outfit today with a statement piece.

My statement piece was a coral colored blazer, purchased from Target on clearance for only $10.48! This blazer was originally $35.00, but Target regularly places various items on clearance for between 30-70% off. Because of this, Target is my favorite place to be! ;)




I've  been rocking this silver satchel very frequently! It's just so versatile.  I've also been experimenting with this silver collar lately. I've never owned a piece like this. In general, I am more of an earring girl, as opposed to a necklace girl. Give me a pair of fabulous earrings any day, over a statement necklace.



Collar Necklace: H&M
Coral Jacket: Target
Silver Bag: Target
Tank: Thrifted @Salvation Army
Leggings: Thrifted @ Salvation Army


I absolutely love these patent pumps! I picked them up at Ross and I have finally broken them in! LOL
Designed by Michael Kors, these pumps feature a 4-inch heel, studding, and a zipper detail on the back of the shoe. These are my go to pumps, as they add a hint of pizzazz to the casual outfit. 


Patent Michael Kors Pumps: Ross





Just as I have been walking boldly in some fresh colors, I've been learning to walk boldly in my calling, as well. 

When Christ shed his blood on the cross for the sins of human kind, he did it so that, if I accepted him as my Lord and Savior, I could walk with my head held high.

 My past no longer defines me and as long as my heart matches up with His, I can ask anything of my God. This bible verse sums up the way I am feeling at the moment:
"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 15 And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him."                             (1 John 5:14-15)

I did a music and video recording today for one of my friends, Mike, and I think this outfit showed up well on camera. 


 I'm looking forward to the Spring season. Although I don't follow trends too closely, I always get excited at the notion of challenging myself with the season's tones and shades. It's fun to put my imagination to use in this manner. So you all will probably see me transitioning into the next season with hints of Spring colors here and there, with each outfit post.


Check me out on YouTube for videos of some of my looks this season! Click Here!

Talk to you all very soon!!!

XOXO,

Ker-Leen
Colossians 3:14

6 comments:

  1. You are beautiful - inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Silva! Thanks for putting a smile on my face!! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute!! This is the year to walk in your calling and purpose. I definitely know it is MY year to do the same and I'm determined to not waste one day this year dwelling on the past. I'm pressing towards the mark of the high prize which is in Christ Jesus!

    Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to that, Adrana!! Thank you for the encouragement! We shall encourage each other! :)

    XOXO,

    Ker-Leen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very simple and chic! I love it ;)

    Tiff
    www.lacenleopard.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love! Just followed you...I love ur blog!!

      Xoxo,

      Ker-Leen

      Delete